There is not one move that you can do for every situation and though traditional martial arts is beneficial, it does not cover the underlining needs of street fighting. That is why Outfoxxed is committed in providing you a variety of tools in class and privately to adhere to any situation. The idea is to train your body before you can think about reacting because sometimes...you do not have the luxury to think. Therefore, freezing up or giving up because you are lost or overwhelmed is not an option. Our goal is to teach you not only how to avoid situations that can lead up to an attack, but also how to defend yourself should an attack happen. Because the reality is, you may not have time to whip out that pepper spray, there may not be a clear exit, and not everyone carries a gun to the supermarket.
Class topics include the following:
- Standup defense (front, side, behind)
- Ground defense (mount vs guard)
- Verbal deescalation (voice, tone, what to say)
- Grabs (wrists, waist, hair, neck, arms)
- Simulation exercises
- Discussions on meditations, awareness, etc.
- Abduction, held at gunpoint, group attacks
- Weapons (knife, gun, rope, club)
- ...and more!